Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Have you had enough time?

One of my new favorite songs is "If I Die Young" by The Band Perry.  The message of this song is simple...it's about making the most of the time you're given weather you are given 2 years or 102 years...it should be absolutely ENOUGH as long as we make the most of it...

When I think about this...I think UH OH!!  I have NOT had enough time...

I can think back on my life and I can name a MILLION things to be THANKFUL for...my three beautiful boys, my husband, my family, my job, the fact that I have a roof over my head, I can walk on my two feet, friends, faith, and God's AMAZING grace.  But, these precious gifts become lost very easily for me...they become lost in my shame, my guilt, my fear, my regrets, my "if only's", my sadness, my pain, and my lack of trust...I spend too much time wishing my life would be different, and not enough time living my life each day.

I can choose how to live my life each day...that's such a beautiful thing...I get to decide for ME, not anyone else...so, why do I choose to dwell on the bad things?  Because it is a natural part of life.  We tend to focus on the negative.  It's so much easier to think of something negative about ourselves rather than something positive about ourselves.  Those very good things that are part of our everyday lives get lost in life...it is SO important to remember that no matter what you are going through, whatever the bad things are in YOUR life...YOU get to choose how you are going to live through it. 

So, what are you going to do TODAY to start living your life so you know that no matter what, it is absolutely ENOUGH?

I'm going to love myself...I'm going think about the negative things in my life only for a little bit--just enough time so I can think about how I will do it differently next time--and then, I am going to CHOOSE to move forward--with all the great and wonderful gifts that I have in my life.  If I can do this, then I know that when my time comes, I will have had absolutely ENOUGH time!

-Angie

No comments:

Post a Comment